What is RESONIC™?
RESONIC™ is the only FDA-cleared medical device that uses sound in a new and innovative breakthrough technology to remove tattoos faster than ever before. It is indicated for use as an accessory to the 1064 nm Q-Switched laser for black ink tattoo removal in Fitzpatrick Skin Type I-III patients. This technology is called Rapid Acoustic Pulse™, and healthcare providers can use it as a part of the laser tattoo removal process.
How RESONIC Works with Lasers
- RESONIC’s Rapid Acoustic Pulse™ technology is used as an accessory to laser tattoo removal
- Allows for multiple passes of laser treatment in a single treatment session, resulting in faster tattoo fading when compared to stand-alone laser treatment
- After being placed on the tattoo, the device sends high-frequency sound waves through the skin. These waves help to break apart tiny steam-filled bubbles (called vacuoles) that develop under the skin in response to the laser removal treatment, and disperse the ink particles of the tattoo
- Together, these two key effects safely allow the healthcare provider to make more passes with the laser in a single session, making the tattoo removal process more efficient and less time consuming
- Patients reported minimal discomfort, less total time in the office and satisfaction with their results after a tattoo removed using RESONIC
Proof It Works
How does tattoo removal work?
- Tattoo removal is the process of breaking down the particles of ink underneath the skin. Commonly, this is done with a laser alone, but this can be a costly and time-consuming process.
How is RESONIC used as an accessory to laser tattoo removal?
- Your physician will use a laser to treat the tattoo, then use a RESONIC Rapid Acoustic Pulse device to disperse the initial vacuoles, ink particles, and macrophages. Your body will naturally begin to remove the dispersed particles, through the lymphatic system. You will repeat this multiple times in one session, based on the physician’s treatment plan.
How is tattoo ink removed from the body?
- The lymphatic system is part of the body’s natural immune response, and one of its primary functions is to remove foreign particles from the body. After the ink particles are dispersed by the tattoo removal laser and Rapid Acoustic Pulse technology, they are engulfed by fibroblasts, macrophages, and mast cells that gradually remove the ink and clear the tattoo.
I’m getting a large tattoo removed. How much of it can RESONIC treat during a session?
- Typically, large tattooed areas are divided into multiple treatment sessions. The amount of surface area treated for tattoo removal in one session is dependent on your personal tolerance to the process. Individual treatment programs will vary, and it is best to consult with your physician.
How quickly will RESONIC remove my tattoo?
- Tattoo removal with RESONIC can be possible in as few as 3 sessions.* Independent clinical studies have demonstrated that 10+ sessions are required, on average, with laser-only removal treatment. Patients have reported experiencing visible results after a single session, with clearance occurring after as few as 3 sessions. Still, ink particle size, tattoo color, depth of ink particles, tattoo age, and location all play a role in the speed of clearance and the number of treatments required to achieve optimal results.
After treatment with RESONIC, how long will it take for the skin to be ready to be tattooed again?
- The recommended length of time is dependent on the healing process of the region of skin that was treated. If you wish to receive a new tattoo on an area of skin that you treated with a Q-Switched laser and Rapid Acoustic Pulse technology, it is best to consult with your physician.
Is RESONIC safe?
- Yes. Rapid Acoustic Pulse is an FDA-cleared technology that does not cause any additional effects to the skin, beyond what a standard 1064 nm Q-Switched Laser tattoo removal process does. In fact, adding RESONIC to your tattoo removal journey will decrease the total amount of time that the tattoo removal process takes. If you have specific questions about the safety of RESONIC for you, it is best to consult with your physician.
What are the possible side effects of RESONIC?
- RESONIC is a non-invasive treatment with Rapid Acoustic Pulse technology that generates breakthrough results without breaking the skin. It is specially engineered to avoid heat, cavitation, or collateral tissue damage. After receiving local anesthesia for the laser, patients have indicated that RESONIC did not cause any incremental pain to the laser tattoo removal procedure.
What are the aftercare instructions following RESONIC treatment?
- Tattoo removal with Rapid Acoustic Pulse technology does not necessitate additional aftercare procedures, beyond what laser-only removal therapy requires. Typical guidelines include the following:
- Wash a treated area gently, with soap and water. Do not soak.
- Avoid shaving the treatment area if crusting is evident.
- Avoid contact sports, or other activities that could cause injury to the treated area.
- Avoid sun exposure of the treated area.
- Avoid scratching or rubbing the treated area.
- Avoid immersing in water.
- If irritation occurs, apply a thin layer of Aquaphor®
- However, individual recommendations will vary on a case-by-case basis. For a comprehensive aftercare plan that meets your specific needs, it is best to consult with your physician.
*Data on file, Solion Inc.
Reasons to Believe